Geology & Mining
Nearly 75 % of the total minerals of Gujarat State are produced in the Kachchh only. Available Major minerals are Whi te clay, Chine clay, Silica sand, Bauxite, Lignite, Gypsum, Lime Stone, Pozzolonic clay, laterite etc. While, minor minerals are Bentonite, BlackTrap, Hard Murrum, Soft Murrum Building Lime Stone, Ordinary sand, Ordinary clay etc.
Key Functions functions of Geology & Mining in the District is
- Mineral Administration
- Application & Registration Process (Lease & Application Form)
- To Permit minor Mineral quarry up to 20000 metric ton
- Stock Registration of Minor Minerals
- To grant mining lease, quarry lease, quarry permit and the area to be given by auction
- Work related to “No Dues”
- To monitor the lease and prevention of illegal mining activities
- Quarry Lease of sand by auction.
- Quarry lease another minor minerals.
- Quarry permit of minor minerals for contract base work.
- Quarry parvana.
- Registration of Bricks Kiln
- Mining And Transportation Monitoring
- Revenue Income Report
Address : Geologist
Geology and Mining Department,
Jilla Seva Sadan,
C-wing 1st Floor,
Bhuj-Kachchh – 370001
Phone – 02832-223551
Email – geologist-kut[at]gujarat[dot]gov[dot]in