The District Panchayat, The Taluka Panchayat and The Gram Panchayat. Gram panchayat is an important institution of self government.
The key function of the Panchayat departemnt in the district are
- Day to day supervision, control and monitoring of subordinate Taluka Panchayats and Gram Panchayats administration.
- To prepare the budget Estimate for the task assign to panchayat. To receive finance from the govt. for financial allocation & distribution of financial resources to the subordinate talukas & gram panchayats.
- To give non- agriculture permission (NA) in rural area of the district.
- To monitor revenue income recovery in rural area.
- Allocation of plots to the BPL facilities at substantial rates. And housing construction under govt. schemes.
- To provide health, and education facilities and amenity out of jurisdiction if financial convenience and prior permission of govt. is given.
- To provide facilities amenity of health, security, conveniences related to social, economic and cultural welfare within district Jurisdiction.
- Annual gatherings, public receptions and functions for entertainment of mass.
- Loan operations for subordinate’s panchayats.
- Implementation of schemes related to sc/st and SEBC. Also the enforcement of implementation of un- touchablity.
- Financial and any other help can be extended for any activity shown under Anusuchi-3.
- To perform duties and functions by panchayat under implementation or such functions and duties or work assigned by such law.
- Litigation holds itself or litigation against panchayat, besides settlement return from agreement and litigation regarding.
- Right to use any power received to district panchayat by officers and sub-ordinates.
- Removing backwardness in tribal Areas
- Improve people’s economic and social status.
- Create housing facilities for homeless weaker sections
- Reduce the rate of malnutrition.
- Quality implemntations of all the schemes of the State Government
- Development of tools for economic empowerment through loans and subsidies on a personalized basis from various schemes.
- Construction of new check dams to increase irrigation facilities.
- Increase the rate of organizational delivery
- Continuous inspection and expansion of quality services by quality experts.
District Development Officer
Phone – 02832-250080
Email – ddo-kut[at]gujarat[dot]gov[dot]in
webstie – kutchdp[dot]gujarat[dot]gov[dot]in